SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shkish_gw

getting closer to my white kitchen

shkish
12 years ago

So far I am happy with they way everything is turning out. It's so exciting to see my vision come to life AND actually like it! Very much looking forward to seeing the carrara marble countertops...

The island components (currently sitting in our living room are painted Sherwin Williams 6211 "Rainwashed") will go where the pipes and electrical wires are poking up. The wood (red oak) floors are mid-progress as well (don't understand why there is tape running across boards...)

There was a minor glitch with the drawer base cabinet (will go in corner, left of windows), it is being reordered 3" smaller. Also, one of the two pantry cabinets was cracked (luckily not MY problem) so it's also been reordered. Our builder has requested the order be rushed... we are supposed to have final inspection Jan. 27th! Of course both the cabinet installer and marble fabricator/installer are waiting on those base cabinets.

Other than that our new construction is wrapping up nicely. Mostly painting, floor staining, and some millwork left - stairs, fireplace surround, mantel & flanking bookshelves!

Comments (6)