SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
plumbly22

oil prices... best 'deal' I've found this year...

plumbly22
15 years ago

so... I started price shopping for heating oil two days ago... called about 15 places that would deliver to the town in central MA that I live in... prices ranged from 2.68 to 3.85 (that was and 'outlier' really they ranged up to 2.85 not counting the one that was off a dollar...but to be fair to me... I did double check with the person on the phone to make sure they hadn't mis-spoke....

Then it occured to me to call BJ's Warehouse club as they 'used' to do oil pricing... but I had never tried there (always meant to!)... welll they do NOT do it anymore...but the customer service rep gave me the web site and 800 number for the company they purchased through as 'you can just order direct from them'....

so I called www.priceenergy.com 1-866-889-8900 and got my quote... 2.479 per gallon as long as 200 or more gallons were delivered, price adjusts for lower delivery amounts... I knew my 275 gallon tank was almost out so I knew I was 'safe' at this price...

so I signed up and delivery was the very next day! (they guarentee 3 business days max)... and it was delivered by one of the local companies I HAD called, they had quoted me 2.85 over the phone!!!! I figure that was a savings of about 37 cents per gallon or over $74 for the tank from that company.... or 20 cents a gallon off the 'lowest' qoute I had to start with, so at least a $40 savings... jsut for agreeing to have them charge a credit card for the delivery...

wicked easy... great price...

not in ANY way affiliated with them... I'm hoping this is my only oil purchase this year... we just installed a Central Boiler E-Classic 2300 wood boiler... and now that it is finally in... it is great... next to no 'smoke' out the chimney when door is closed, more noticable exhaust when door is opened once per day for filling with dried oak... we live on 5+ acres of oak forest... and easily have enough standing dead to last several years before we need to think about 'locating' wood... although most of the neighbors will gladly let us have their standing dead too... (crazy I know)....

anyway.... I don't know where all this priceenergy.com place has 'contracts' in place for purchase/delivery... they asked for your zip code and said yes when I gave them mine... but IF you use home heating oil a quick trip to the web site or a call will let you know if they may work for you!

Here is a link that might be useful: PriceEnergy

Comments (7)