SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sarschlos_remodeler

What size sink for clean-up sink?

I lurve the huge 3' deep basin fireclay sinks. Want to plop my beautiful baby boy in one and throw in some duckies and watch him splash around. LOVE love love those sinks. Had the pleasure of using one at my BIL's over the holidays, and I loved the way the dishes tucked away out of view, and didn't even mind washing dishes in that big ole basin. BUT -- fitting one of those fabulous lovelies into my kitchen is giving me fits. Even the 30" seems to be a tight fit.

Some of you are aware of my ongoing layout saga. Well, everyone keeps telling me I need more space between my island and my DR table. There are two ways to accomplish this: move my cleanup sink out of the island (in which case I need to choose a smaller sink) or shorten the island (in which case I need to choose a smaller sink). I'm sure you all see where I'm going with this...

So here's the question: Is a 25" single basin sink too small for a clean-up sink? If I could shave off nearly 1' from my cleanup sink things would be simpler in the design, but will I be giving up too much by doing that? Assume that I will have a decent sized second prep sink in another location (probably an 18" square). Does Rohl make a 25" sink? (On another note, can I convince my GC to put in a fireclay sink? Stay tuned ....)

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths