SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
frank1203

Tuscan Kitchen Soffit Ideas

frank1203
10 years ago

Hi, my kitchen has been all redone and now I am trying to decorate. This has not been fun. The kitchen is a Tuscan theme and I'm toying around with what to do with my soffit. The soffit is about 9-10 inches high and has crown molding above it to the ceiling. It runs about 15 feet on the working side of the kitchen. I really don't want to just hang a few plaques or plates and wanted to be a little imaginative and different.

Since its an Italian / Tuscan theme, a friend gave me an idea about hanging some silk grapevine garland on the soffit with a few artificial grape clusters hanging (but not gawdy or overdone). I realize I could always stencil the area with a grape theme but I'm very intrigued by the grape vine idea. Even with googling the idea online, I can't seem to find many pictures of kitchens where people did something like this.

I ordered some grape garland online and it was beautiful but when I tried it on the soffit, the leaves were just too big (largest was about 4 - 5 inches) and made the soffit look too busy. I think if I found grape vines with smaller leaves it may look a litle less busy and more classy.

So, I wanted to get peoples opinion on this. Do you like the grape vine idea? if so, any idea where i could get something with smaller leaves? Any other suggestions for my soffit?

Thanks in advance for your ideas!

Comments (30)