SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
beachlilyfl

Going the southern route!

beachlily z9a
11 years ago

Well, at the end of the month we will do an abbreviated "tour of America". Hubs has threatened a complete tour of America, but cancer intervened. Me thinks this is as much as we can reasonably accomplish!

From home (Central FL) to Las Vegas (700+miles for two days and then a little less each day) with no sightseeing. We will stop in Vicksburg, MS, then in Amarillo, TX and Flagstaff, AZ.

Does anyone here have food recommendations?

After the wedding, we will go to the Grand Canyon. It's going to be uber busy--just before the 4th of July, but hubs hasn't seen it. We'll make a brief trip to Sedonia, AZ and on to Santa Fe, where we will spend 2 days (including the 4th). That should be fun!! After that, thru Dallas then on to a tour of the Vicksburg Battlefield. We lived inside the Marietta, GA, battlefield park for 9 years and my undergraduate minor is in Civil War History. Then hope to stop somewhere along the Gulf to pick up some crab. Then to home.

We dearly love Mexican food and that's why we want to spend time in Santa Fe. I'm from Denver and haven't been in the Southwest in 40 years!! Hubs lived in West Texas when he was in the Air Force (before he met me and we've been married 38 yr.), so this is a good trip for him, too.

I've had a really bad attitude about going to Las Vegas, but have decided to make it a food trip. Mexican food and Texas BBQ can't be all bad! After all, how can you take a vacation when you are retired? We will have fun!

Comments (12)