SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
a2gemini_gw

Backsplash HELP!

a2gemini
12 years ago

I have been chained to GardenWeb since I found it about a month ago. I only wish I had found it earlier!

As I renovate the house, I have learned that I can change my mind. We started by putting new siding on the house and my only rules were - no white trim and no white garage door. As you can see - I have white trim (and a white garage door!)

Original siding

{{!gwi}}

Thunderstone(my color invention) with white trim

{{!gwi}}

OK - now on to the kitchen.

I started out wanting light wood cabinets and a lighter countertop. As in the case above, the rules changed and we are going with the following

Brookhaven Autumn Cherry with a black glaze - we are keeping our oak wood floor and everything looked like we were trying to match the floor and failed. This seems to enhance the floor instead of competing with the floor.

Current kitchen with cabinets with the same laminate that my dentist also had in his office and the soffits. (Note the soffits have holes - we had to figure out if we could get rid of them and we can!) This is the current L shaped run in our kitchen with another shorter run on the opposite side. There is not enough room for an island.

{{!gwi}}

The countertop is going to be Cambria Buckingham - looks better in real life than in a picture.

The sink is Blanco Silgranit II cascade in Cafe Brown

The faucet will be Waterstone positive lock pull down in antique brass(I started out wanting brushed nickel!)

The next pictures are the start of ideas for a backsplash

Note the cabinet sample is the color but not the style

Colors match but too much glitz with the countertop?

Basic subway tile with or without glass enhancements. If I go with enhancements, will probably use Epro - but these are other companies that I could snag samples. Also, would larger tile be better - we will need ~45 square feet!

Basic tile - this one has crackles - probably want to find one without crackles

Lighter tile with or without crackle glass accents

The tile shops in our town are really bad - so have been surfing and visited a couple tile shops about 30-40 minutes away and plan to return for other ideas.

Since I can change my mind and plans - any input or ideas on backsplashes will be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks in advance

Comments (11)