SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19756839

Not Too Sweet Icing

User
10 years ago

I am not normally a sweets person but during one of my drug induced post surgical dreams I dreamed about icing soft fluffy icing that wasn't too sweet. I called a friend and she tried mixing butter cream icing with whipped cream and no luck. But................................Oh my Gosh!! I found the exact taste from a You tube video. I had to share

Recipe and directions:

Place 1 cup of milk into a medium saucepan. Add 4 tablespoons of all-purpose flour to the milk and whisk together. Cook over medium high heat, stirring continuously, until it becomes a very thick smooth paste. This can take 3-4 minutes.
Remove from heat and let cool completely.

Beat the cooled flour/milk mixture with 1 tsp of vanilla on high speed for 4 minutes. It will become a smooth paste again.

In a separate bowl combine the 1 cup sugar and 1 cup softened butter together with a electric mixer. Blend on high for 4 minutes.

Combine the flour/mik, butter/sugar mixtures together and beat on high speed with an electric mixer for 3-4 minutes until super fluffy.

Make sure the first mixture is super cold when you mix the 2 together.

I just ate a tablespoon full by itself ............................................................HEAVENLY

Here is a link that might be useful: Yoyomax 12 Icing video

This post was edited by CLBlakey on Mon, Jun 10, 13 at 17:28

Comments (21)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor