SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
janie_ga

Anyone ever been in a doctoral program?

janie_ga
16 years ago

I am trying to calm down. I am ready to strangle a professor and my groupmates. First class was last Wed. We were assigned groups and my group has a lecture due Jan 30!!!! Two weeks to prepare and the guys in my group have no idea what the material is AND the DON"T even have their textbooks. They didn't bother to tell me that last week when we met, no they waited until last night and today!

My Advanced Epidemiology class looks like it will average 200 pages of reading a week! (I am intemidated in the class too- most of the students are Epi majors and actually understand the topic).

Survey Methods (the one with the lecture) will have about 100-150 a week.

Grant writing I can wing since I have done most of it before but there are three textbooks for it (one that still hasn't arrived)

Intervention design doesn't have a book (thank goodness) but he is REALLY into reading everything too.

I LOVE to read but I am not going to have enough awake hours to read all of this do the assignments and do the 15-20 hours of research work we are required!

Last semester was so nice (except for the Epi course) but this one is gonna be a killer! Okay, enough griping, there are much worse things I could be dealing with!

If you don't see me for a while, make sure I am not lost in a pile of papers!!!!!

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations