SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
walkin_yesindeed

potentially silly bathroom paint question

walkin_yesindeed
16 years ago

Vanity, thy name is walkin...

I have seen many gorgeous blue and green bathrooms on this forum, and DH would die and go to heaven if I suggested a blue master bath. I love blue, myself. But I am thinking that putting on makeup in a blue bathroom would be harder than in a neutral or warm-toned bath, that it'd affect the light (and, frankly, I am not that great at makeup application under the best of circumstances, so I don't need further hindrances!). I just think about the way wearing a teal shirt makes my favorite lipstick turn all sorts of weird colors on me...

Would a warm, sophisticated grey-brown be better than blue wrt makeup? (any suggestions for paint colors?) or do you think another color would work better? Or should I keep all surfaces near the mirror neutral, and then use a splash/hit of color on the small, far wall which doesn't reflect in the mirror?

If it matters, the shower door enclosure is bright brass, the shower fixtures dull brass. We will probably stay with those color metals, since it'd be $$ to change it around (the plumbing is hard to access, so changing the shower fixtures, which are working fine, would mean knocking out the entire tiled shower enclosure and starting afresh... we won't do that).

Sorry if this is either extremely frivolous or a total newbie question!

Comments (14)