SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
saltnpeppa

Kinda finished kitchen - except for windows

saltnpeppa
15 years ago

I was the real smart person who started ripping off tile right before entertaining alot for the holidays:) Here is what we came up with for a solution. We covered the gaping hole with beadboard painted the wall color. I had the copper wall hanging - it is very convenient to put papers in there to deal with until later. The rooster painting was done by a friend of my DH's & I think it is fun. I also tore off tile by the coffee maker & had the drywall patched. For those of you that don't know......mistake made with my backsplash so I was trying to minimize the appearance of my backsplash.

Finally got my benches for the table & chair cushions done in the pheasant fabric.

So now my final thing to do in here is windows. French doors by fireplace & 2 windows by kitchen table. Old pic but shows the windows (from my lamp mania days :)

Options in my heads are:

1. Currently have cellulars on windows now.....use pheasant fabric as valance of some sort to cover cellular & put cellulars on doors - maybe the cute ones with the knobs like Mimi's

2. woven wood romans

3. roman/london shades out of pheasant fabric - accented with red check fabric

4. plantation shutters to match trim - have to really start saving my mad money!!

I appreciate all the help I have received on this kitchen. I feel like I have gone from here, there & every where in between with this room!! It has been a tough one for me.

Smiles:)

Comments (12)