SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
justgotabme

My Latest CL deal

justgotabme
14 years ago

Here's my latest find on Craigslist. I've been wanting one of the these fold out tables for all of about a week and boom there one pops up on CL! I've never been so lucky, but it's late at night and I'm tired so I go to bed without emailing. First thing I do when I get up is check the listing. It's been deleted. Boy was I bummed, but I just had the feeling it meant to be mine so I peeked to see if they'd relisted it and there is was for twelve dollars less than I first saw it! YIKES! Can I really be this lucky? You bet I can! Woo Hoo! I email and we make arrangements depending on weather. Change the day to one day later because of the bitter cold. Hubby gets the trailer out of the snow this afternoon and hooks it up to my car and off we go.

"Oh, do you have any cash sweetie?" I as my dear hubby. Hubby: "A ten". Me "All I have is a twenty." The asking price is $38.00 down from $50.00. So we stop at a gas station. hubby gets $40.00 from cash machine, but we need ones so he buys a bag of chips.

We get there and get backed in between the mounds of snow and hubby goes to give me the money I need. Oops. He used the ten to get the ones. LOL. I tell the lady that all we have is the two twenty's but to keep the extra. She didn't know I saw the add at the higher price and knew they were accepting less than they wanted anyway. She ran to her hubby seeing if he had two dollars even though I said no. He didn't. She felt so bad, but really it wasn't a big deal. I was happy to pay forty when I thought I'd have to pay fifty!

Well here's the pix.....

{{gwi:1540299}}

{{gwi:1540300}}

I'll get a better picture of it open tomorrow. It's sitting in the kitchen right now. Hubby was watching ballgames and I wanted to vacuum and maybe change the furniture around before I add the table anyway.

Comments (23)