SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
adel97

faucet info-wish I'd known sooner!

adel97
13 years ago

I just had a faucet learning experience I thought I would share, in case it helps someone currently researching or shopping for a faucet with a side handle.

I had my heart set on the Grohe Concetto but the side handle rotates a full 45 degrees BACK for hot water, and when fully "on" it will hit my backsplash. There is no way of moving the faucet forward without redoing the sink and countertops, which were just installed and I am happy with. Therefore, the Concetto is a no-go.

This has obviously been a problem with consumers because Grohe, and maybe other manufacturers, have now solved it by making newer faucets have a "forward rotation lever" which does not rotate all the way back for hot. Problem solved, EXCEPT Grohe did not fix the Concetto line (boo!). They did fix the Ladulux3, which is what I will change to.

So, moral of the story: if you are installing a side handle faucet with a backsplash in back, do check the full rotation of the handle before ordering, and look or ask for a model having a "forward rotation lever", and make sure you consider the depth of the tile or other backsplash when taking measurements, since faucets may be installed before tile. (Lessons learned the hard way!)

HTH!

Here is a link that might be useful: NOoooo!!!!

Comments (12)