SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marilyn_sue

Do You Have One, And Do You Use It?

Do you have a bed tray and if so do you use it? Years ago I bought my Mother in law a very pretty wicker one. After she passed I got it back, so I do have one. I do not use it very often. I keep it in its original box. Anyone else have a bed tray and do you use it?

Sue

Comments (6)

• susanjf_gw
    13 years ago

you know we bought 2, one for each dd to help with homework, ect year ago, but they're long gone...if it was necessary to eat upstairs, we have regular tv trays..right now have the humidider on one...

i also have a wicker one my father "decorated" while recovering from tb in the 1920's...it did have butterflies under glass but with age and many moves, they're long gone...i did, however keep the piece of vintage newspaper i found inside...

• mary_c_gw
    13 years ago

My DH bought one for us years ago.

We both hated it. Best intentions, and all of that, but neither of us want breakfast in bed - ever! I actually had to get DH to steer our son away from making Mom breakfast in bed on Mother's Day. We did "Lovely Lunch" instead.

• vala55
    13 years ago

No but I have a lap table for eating in the living room. It's also handy for doing my nails,working a crossword and reading. I would hate to be with out it. In the bedroom I have armoires on each side of the headboard and there are pull out tray/table there to sit a drink on or lay remotes on.

• soxxxx
    13 years ago

If I had one, I would have to get up, cook my own food, put it on the tray, and get back in bed. With the morning paper of coarse.

I had one once. I do not recall what happened to it. I thought of it as a romantic thing to use - you know like they did in the movies.

• country_sunshine
    13 years ago

No, we don't have one and don't want one.. If I am unable to get out of bed to eat, then I need to be either
    a. in the hospital or
    b. in a nursing home

I hate to eat in bed.. ugh

Carolyn

• yayagal
    13 years ago

Yes I have a nice wood one and I use it when I want to relax with a cup of tea and some quiet time in my bedroom. I hop on my bed with my cuppa and something yummy, turn on the tv and relax.
    We also use it when one of us is sick. Then you get the royal treatment.