SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jasdip1

Update on Mom....

Jasdip
13 years ago

Hi All,

THANK you SO very much for your kind words, thoughts and prayers. Believe me, I miss you all a lot, and know that you are wishing the best for me and my family.

They found a mass in her stomach, and lots of blood clots and polyps in her rectum. They put a filter in her vein below her heart so that the clots won't get to her heart or brain, so she's "out of danger" in that regard.

They're keeping her in the Hospital, and not going to be in a hurry to send her to the other one for "rehab".

Here's an example of the Health Care.....while she was in the Re-hab hospital, which is a building combined with Pallative Care, Mental Health Care, and Re-Hab (I saw many people in various stages needing re-hab......lost limbs, recovering from serious accidents etc.)

The "nurse" was to give mom a shower on Friday and my Step-father was there. She asked how long he was going to be there for, and he said a while. She said, Well YOU can give her a shower then. He said, I don't think so, I think you can do that. WHAT IF SHE FELL, WHILE IN HIS CARE???

She gave her a 2-minute shower and said, From now on YOU can shower your wife. WTF??? This is what we tax-payers are paying for??

Also she's had problems with her "appliance/bag" getting loose and coming undone and leaking waste. That's because they don't clean the area enough so that it gets a good adhesion to the skin. So the other day it leaked, and she had poop in her track pants and on her t-shirt. The nurse told Wally that she cleaned them and set them aside for him to launder. He took them home, opened the bag and they were completely soiled......she didn't rinse a thing.

Wally just told me these two things today. I didn't know that.

I'm so glad she's back at the Hospital where she'll get proper care. Wally and I are meeting the doctor tomorrow morning to get the goods and ask questions. The last time I pestered the nurses Mom gave me proper heck, but too bad.

Shall keep you posted. Keep the prayers coming! :-)

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!