SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jasdip1

Update on Mom....Yaaay!

Jasdip
13 years ago

The hospital had an opening last Friday, Good Friday, so they did her surgery then. We were expecting either Sat. or Sun, so when we got the call, we dropped everything and drove down.

What was to be a 3 hour surgery took 6.5, but they did everything they set out to do. They did find a huge hole in her bladder, and folded and sewed the bladder over, hoping it will heal itself. Her GI and urinary tracts are now completely separate and her body waste and fluid are now functioning normally, so far.

They put her in CCT (ICU) as a precaution, and had a breathing tube in her. Boy talk about dejavu when we went in to see her. But they removed the tube on Saturday morning.

I was unable to get down for a couple of days but phoned a number of times during the day to check on her. She was sitting in her chair for 3 hours on Monday already, and was ready to leave the CCT, just waiting on a bed.

We went to see her yesterday and while we were there, they transferred her to the surgery floor, to the room she was in before. She's thrilled to be back in her room, as are the nurses and orderlies! Too funny, they were glad to see her yesterday.

Her voice is so strong, she seems to want to do things, even though she's in bed. She asked for a magazine, so maybe she'll want to read something at some point.

At 5pm I told her we should leave, and she asked what the rush was, she wanted us to stay longer. She wasn't snippy or snide, as it might sound here, she wanted us to stay longer with her and expressed it, jokingly. (We did arrive at 11 am).

The phone rang, and it was Wally and she was talking to him, and her voice sounded wonderful, and she told him she wanted us to stay. So I took of my jacket and said that we would, and she grinned from ear to ear and told Wally that we were staying. I teased her about laying the guilt on already.

The DR came in while we were there, and examined her. We went out in the hall, of course and he came out and he is thrilled with her progress. He said he expected her to be a week in CCT because of the length of the surgery and they took a bunch of snippets of her organs to be biopsied. She said her recovery is fantastic. He's going to Chicago for 2 weeks to take his Masters (my gosh, he doesn't stop for a minute!). He said when he comes back she'll probably be out walking the halls, she's doing so well. LOL (probably not, but she is doing well)

He's going to run some tests in a couple of weeks when he comes back to make sure her goodies are working properly, then work on getting her well enough to go home.

So, another wonderful day, and wonderful surgery.

Comments (24)

• jannie
    13 years ago

Wonderful news!

• country_bumpkin_al
    13 years ago

That woman is nothing short of amazing!! I'm so happy that she's doing good and my Prayers continue for her!!!!

• heather_on
    13 years ago

Absolutely wonderful news! Your mom sure has been through a lot and has come out of this well.

• sjerin
    13 years ago

I'm just smiling, smiling. What a woman, what a woman!!! A few months ago it sounded like there was no way she would survive her ills, and now, look at her!! Thank you so much Jasdip for letting us know how she is. I'm a bit down in the dumps today and this just brightened the day so much. Way to go, Mom!!!!!!

• luckygardnr
    13 years ago

So glad to hear the good news! What a relief for you and your family! Give your Mom gentle hugs from all of us at the KT! And ask Hubs to give you one too!

• lydia1959
    13 years ago

Amazing!! Hope she continues to improve day by day!

• phyllis__mn
    13 years ago

Well, if this isn't just the best news.....and may it get even better!

• alisande
    13 years ago

Wow--that really is wonderful!! So glad to hear it.

• chisue
    13 years ago

This IS good news! We're all happy for you, and for her.

• sleeperblues
    13 years ago

That's so great, Sherry. I pray for continued improvement. What a long haul for everyone involved. You are a great daughter!

• glenda_al
    13 years ago

Happy to hear such a good report!

• lynn_d
    13 years ago

Oh Sherry, I am so glad to read such a glowing report! Hugs to all of you!

• patti43
    13 years ago

((((Jasdip and Mama N)))

• dotmom
    13 years ago

Good news!!!!!! Your Mom is amazing...........so is her Daughter

• Georgysmom
    13 years ago

Your mom is incredible. What a trooper....and this is such great news!

• jannie
    13 years ago

Wishing her a fast and complete recovery! You both have been through so much!

• joyfulguy
    13 years ago

What a great recovery, thus far: your Mom has got to be some strong and determined woman, jasdip!

Sending good wishes and prayers that there may be complete recovery to proceed apace and without complications.

(((((Mom and jasdip, plus families)))))

ole joyful

• bluejeans4ever
    13 years ago

I am so happy for your Mom's good news! Will she be home for Mother's Day? I'm sure there will be quite a celebration when she does come home!

BJ

• Marilyn Sue McClintock
    13 years ago

I am so happy to hear this good news Sherry. Sure is something to be thankful for!

Sue

• suzieque
    13 years ago

Oh, jasdip, this is such wonderful news. I can "hear" the joy in your voice, and with good reason. Fabulous!

• nanatricia
    13 years ago

That is so great!!!!!!

• lindyluwho
    13 years ago

Fantastic news!

Linda

• wanda_va
    13 years ago

What wonderful news! I will keep praying for her continued improvement and complete recovery. Thanks for the update.

• hale_bopp
    13 years ago

Awesome! Yahoo!!!!

Blessings!
    Haley