SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
publickman

Favorite hot/smoky chipotle sauce

Lars
11 years ago

About a month ago I bought a bottle of Dan's Prime Smoky Chipotle Sauce at Gelson's, and it immediately became my favorite hot sauce. Then when I went back to Gelson's to stock up, it had been discontinued and no one even remembered it. So I looked on line and could only find a Canadian source for single bottles, although I found a couple of wholesalers who sell cases of 12 bottles. I tried to order a case from one of the wholesalers but could not get their shopping cart to work - one required a resale number and the other tried to complete my order before I was finished shopping. I guess I am just going to have to buy chipotle peppers and make my own sauce, but this one was very handy to buy. The first ingredient is chipotle peppers, and they use naturally fermented cane sugar vinegar. I was very impressed with the ingredients. I tend to like hot sauces that remind me of what I had in Texas, I guess because that is what I'm used to, and they are not sweet like a lot of other sauces.

I recommend that any Canadians who like Tex-Mex food to order a bottle from the site I linked to above. The sauce has a fantastic authentic and fresh tasting flavor. You have to like smoky chipotles, however.

I've bought several other brands of chipotle sauce, and they do not come close to Dan's Prime. Has anyone else tried it? I might try again to buy a case, as I could go through 12 bottles in one year pretty easily. And why is it easier to buy in Canada?

Lars

Comments (9)