SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
measure_twice

F&P washer and dryer are ... different

measure_twice
15 years ago

We did get an F&P washer and dryer after we were reassured they are reasonably dependable

thread here

Lowes carries them with a 7 day waiting period for the dryer to ship in. The person at the local store said it was actually more like a few days, depending if your request matched their weekly shipment day. Anyway, he mentioned they had last-year's model in stock and discounted each about $150. Yeah, $300 off both 'cuz they where hanging around. They are kinda expensive anyway, so it really helped. And a $69 rebate on $69 delivery, paid out on a Lowes card to spend there. OK, I know I will need more stuff. I know, you save more money getting less expensive appliances. I give and take on freecycle groups, too.

It was enough savings to order a carousel clothes dryer from breezecatcher (shipping included, then search the net for rebates, you can get 7.5% off a breezecatcher order. You can try code MC7500 )

(Search the net for coupons and find Lowes coupon for 10% off any one total purchase. Except for F&P. Oh well.)

The washer is interesting. The washer takes quite a while to determine how much water to add before it gets down to sloshing around. It took a queen sized blanket and sheet set with pillow cases, some bath-size towels, and other odd bits. I was being nice. The rest of the family won't be so careful. It spins out at 1000 rpm. I looked for high speed spin to help reduce costs from our electric dryer.

The manual is written with an Aussie slant. Now I know what "scrud" is.

The F&P dryer is a top loader. I already find it much easier to manage than a front loading dryer. That involves an extra mechanism to close the drum. When the whole shebang starts it sounds like a turbine winding up for launch. Different. It has a "denim" setting which should be useful for our active young men. Useful for the clothes, not the people.

The dryer scrapes the filter collection into a lint cup, about a quart in size. We have several Siberian Huskies who shed constantly and copiously. I will let you know who wins.

Comment (1)