SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rjr220

Pass-thru behind sink: flat or step up: Pic/comments wanted

rjr220
14 years ago

I/ve posted my requests for plan review previously and have greatly appreciated everyone's contributions. I have heard the need to plan prep space carefully, as majority of time is prepping. I really appreciate this being brought out clearly -- as I now see that I would benefit greatly by enlarging the pass-thru window into the computer/rec/ etc room where the kids are 80% of the time. That means getting rid of an upper: no problem. I would like, however, to make this pass-thru one-level, vs a bump up.

{{!gwi}}

DH is concerned, however, that this may not work well. Is also concerned with splashing b/h sink.

I know I've seen photos of one level pass-thru's. Can only find one that I've saved . . .

Could you please weigh in on the pro/con of having flat pass-thru? I've already "seen the light" and am having one level on peninsula -- I think that the flat pass-thru would open up kitchen more, make it flow better. DH needs photo evidence, though . . .

Next question -- regardless of bump up, would you open window to ceiling (8 foot ceilings), or have it drop down

TIA, Rita

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!