SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ncamy_gw

I can't find the soapstone we want in our area.

ncamy
15 years ago

We are building in Asheville, NC and the only soapstone we have been able to find is a dark green Brazilian stone with no veining. The price isn't too bad ($70 a square foot, materials, fabrication, and installation) but we really want a black stone with white veining. Do you think it would be worth it for us to get our tops from Charlotte from M Teixeira. Their delivery charge is $1.00 per mile over the first 50 miles. We are 136 miles from their warehouse so that wouldn't be that much. Or we could have them fabricate and install it at a cost of $85 a square foot. If they fabricate it they said we would be charged the trip charge X 4. I'm not really sure why they would have to come up here to template it since it is new build and they would be taking the measurements from a blueprint wouldn't they?

Anyways..what do you guys think? Is the soapstone from M Tex worth the extra money? Plus you would think they would be very experienced working with the stuff, right? The other but local company said they typically installed 6 or 7 soapstone kitchens a year, but they work with granites, quartz, and corians as well. Would M Tex be my best bet for quality and to get specifically what I want? By the way we're going to be needing about 85 square feet of stone with two sink cut outs.

Comments (9)