SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
barb5_gw

Christmas gift registry?

barb5
12 years ago

A few weeks ago we asked DD what she would like for Christmas. Earlier this week, she emailed us a link to a gift registry she had set up.

I was a bit taken aback. I had expected her to say, well I would like this or that, but not be presented with an exact item with cost at an online store. For one thing, I like to support my local stores and I try to buy American made as much as possible. For another, it has taken any joy out of selecting a gift for her.

She has also set up one for her baby, our first grandchild. We have already selected some gifts for the baby, and they are not what she has listed. For instance, she has listed specific books. We have selected out a few different ones (browsing bookstores is one of my favorite pastimes.)

I can't seem to go down the registry list, click, click, click and order what she has listed. There just seems to be something wrong with this. I'm sure she is thinking that she is eliminating stress from gift buying, but it seems to have added to any stress I had.

Am I just an old fud? What do you all think of this? At this point, I am thinking of just writing out a check.

Comments (7)