SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
outofideashet4

Kenmore HE4T Error F 11 & F DL

outofideashet4
15 years ago

My Kenmore HE4T washer showed this error when it was barely 2 years old. Since I did not buy additional protection for this washer I tried to fix it myself!

I was able with the help of the web to find instructions what to do in this regards; check if the lock is loose, check the connections to the door lock behind the rubber and it usually worked after this; until it wouldn't work another time.

All in all I probably undid the rubber boot and checked the connections on the door look about 15 times in the past year - I was always lucky and got it back to work.

Until yesterday; nothing worked at all. Not even disconnecting the washer from the power since I had experienced that it would readjust itself. I tried pushing start - just beeping and F DL- I was not even able to do the "self check test" which had funnily worked previously despite "F DL". I disconnected the power. Machine wouldn't start and display the error.

I tried it this morning and - the machine started to wash!

Only to see that it displays error "F11" in the middle of the cycle. This was the first time I had this error.

I pushed "pause" and again "start" and it would start again this time with no interruption.

I am now hoping that my washer would wash once in a while when ever in mood.

I had of course contacted "Customer Relations" @ Sears 3x but their answer was just: this is very unfortunate but we had offered protection agreements when the appliance was purchased and since I hadn't bought it I am on my own!

I would not recommend to anyone going to this trouble with this model; while it really works well if it works (despite the mildew smell that I also experienced with my cloths) it might be a good idea to put money aside for future repairs!

(Kenmore Washer Repair Fund!).

Comments (2)