SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alisande_gw

It wasn't broke, but they fixed it.

alisande
11 years ago

AC Moore just changed their points system. Instead of earning one point for every dollar you spend, and then getting a $10 gift card when you get to 200 points, you'll earn 10 points for every dollar, and get the gift card when you reach 2,000 points. Same thing. Why did they change this? And spend the money to send a mailing out about it to a zillion people?

Michael's is dropping their rewards card. Same program as the one they had before, but instead of swiping your card you will be asked to give your email address, which the lucky cashiers will type into the system--every time you make a purchase. Note that most email addresses need to be spelled.

I got a notice from my AARP prescription insurance (Medicare Part D) announcing their Preferred Retail Pharmacy Network. It says, "By filling your prescriptions at a preferred retail pharmacy, you will get the lowest copays on your Tier 1 through Tier 4 drugs. For instance, you can save 40% or more on Tier 1 drugs when you fill your prescriptions at a preferred retail pharmacy compared with other in network pharmacies." (That last phrase was not a typo. I'm not sure what they're saying.)

Then I looked at the list of preferred pharmacies. Not one is closer than 25 miles from me. I called to verify this, and yes, there's nothing closer. This is not a big deal for me, as I don't take any regular meds. But I imagine a lot of local subscribers will be upset with this, and I wouldn't blame them.

Comments (12)