SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
socalusa_gw

Ideas on footprint & layout thoughts (photos)

socalusa
11 years ago

3 years ago I prevailed upon the wonderfully diverse kitchen advocates here on the GW to tweak the floorplan for the gutted renovation we did. Did not start out to be a gut, but � well, it was and we are glad. I ended up with a beautiful kitchen and some inner peace that I had also helped some others when I was able to share our experience with our kitchen reno (which I referred lovingly to as a "root canal on the house.")
FF to 2013 and DD1 is buying a 20 year old home with a builder�s small, white tiled, white appliance kitchen that has a semi-constricted possibility of enlarging. The plan has been to enlarge the footprint slightly to create a "more butter" space, but the only place is into the family room which as you can see impedes access to a 6 ft. wide window nook which she is hoping to utilize as a small dining area.
Could you take a look and see if there are any tweaks that might improve the layout? Appreciate any and all input.
Here's the way it looks now.

And here are preliminary plans. The biggest challenge to a much larger kitchen is the nook area.

Thanks!

Comments (14)