SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
leahcate

A Teens Fishy Text?

leahcate
12 years ago

A friend's very young teen daughter gets a text.."how ya doing" or something like. Thinking it's a friend whose number she doesn't recognize, she texts back..."great, how r u?" The reply is ..."have you been nice or naughty?"

The girls mom calls the texter and a man answers. He claims wrong number, he was calling an old friend. Mom threatens police and warns him to never call again. So, probably simply a wrong number, but if not, how scary. She's not on facebook,etc.

Query: Any way to i.d. the number without involving police who would likely, and rightly, blow it off when it is very likely a case of wrong number?

This mistakenly was posted on Discussions where I was quickly chastened and told to go google myself:>) Well, of course it's not so simple and I wondered if there were any sneaky ways to check cell numbers. Jill suggested blocking the guys number and that will happen, I'm sure, should he try calling again. Any detectives out there? My main concern is to suppose he knows her ( janitor, teacher, coach, friends dad, bro, etc etc) and is a bad one. The police then should know about him. Easy to over-react these days with all that's in the news, but even the remote possibility gives me the shivers

Comments (8)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm