SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lcskaisgir

Which backsplash tile??

Lisa
10 years ago

Kitchen has several things that need to be done yet (walls & ceiling not painted yet, recessed light trim not in, corbels on island not installed, etc) but I would like to pick a tile so that I can pick a paint color.

I really wanted a lighter crackle tile without a sharp contrast between the white cabinets. Two of the tiles fit that mold but the third does not. Do I need the sharper contrast? And I really want a tile to add warmth, I don't want a cold kitchen.

First I think you need to see a wide shot of the kitchen to get some perspective�gray stained island, soft white perimeter cabinets, calacatta quartzite counters, and brown hardwood floors. You can see the darker tile on the wall to the right of the cooktop.

Here are the three tiles up close. Basically, the dark tile provides more contrast, is warm, and matches the darker gray in the counters, the gray crackle tile is lighter and picks up on some of the other grays in the counter, and the taupey crackle tile picks up on the beigey/taupey color in the counters (which is kind of hard to see in photos).

And a couple more shots:

Comments (34)