SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
suzeo99

Baltic Brown or Tropic Brown

suzeo99
12 years ago

Hi, I am new here. I am doing a remodel of existing 25 year old golden oak cabinets, white tile floor, white appliances, light bluish grey formica. An island was added about 13 years ago before we bought it that is about 6 feet x 2.5 feet. We are going to continue our unstained red oak floor into the kitchen. The kitchen is open to the family room with a railing, and is 3 steps higher than the family room. There is one NW facing window in the kitchen.

We have selected cabinets, kraftmaid maple praline finish. I was committed to quartz until yesterday when I finally determined I don't like any of the colors in all the numerous brands I have been looking at, in person and online at other people's kitchens. I think I am not between baltic brown and tropic brown granite. The backsplash is yet unknown - haven't seen on of those I like either. I finally decided I have to love my countertop because of the large island. The baltic brown is VERY busy. Does anyone have it and does it drive you crazy? I like that it is a little darker than the tropic. I am a bit concerned that might counter will match my cabinets a little too well. I am going for a warm, clean look to my kitchen. I don't want lots of old world, ornate, or very contemporary. My appliances will be stainless.

See link for pictures of current kitchen and granite options with cabinet doors. We will be getting rid of the light box and pantry
{{gwi:1597542}}kitchen

Comments (14)