SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
adnama_gw

Vegan ideas?

Adnama
15 years ago

I recently moved to within walking distance of several friends and I am thrilled to have my house becoming the site of semi-regular weeknight dinners. More friends plan to join in and often bring over ingredients and cook in my kitchen. (We're all students and I'm the only one with a big kitchen.)

I'm planning to adapt some of my recipes so that my vegan friend can join in. I know she'll be great about bringing her own food, but I'd like to stock up on some staples that can make my regular recipes vegan. (Until I set her portion aside and add the cheese, LOL.) I know how to avoid the obvious (meat, dairy, lard), I was wondering about pasta and bread. Will I be able to pick up egg-less pasta in the regular grocery store, do you think?

Also, does anyone in the Baltimore area know of any bakeries that carry vegan bread? If I don't find it, I can make tortillas with shortening and serve black bean burritos.

I can ask her, but I'm hoping maybe I'll find some things she doesn't know about yet.

She's been wonderful to me over the past year and I want to make some yummy food for her.

Recipes are welcome!

Comments (16)