SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
corradobrit

New Bryant hvac system plus Evolution Controller

corradobrit
14 years ago

I'm replacing a 15 year old 2nd 3 ton hvac unit that cools/heats the master bedroom, media room and 2 bathrooms (approx 1050 sq ft).

I want to match the match the primary unit which is a Bryant and have received a couple of quotes. The installer I've chosen has an A+ rating on BBB and been in business since 1982, so I think I can trust these guys. Unfortunately their main business is Trane and Lennox but are happy to install Bryant.

I was quoted a system that meets the minimum requirements for the 30% Federal tax credit and have the AHRI certificate in hand. The units are as follows

AC 124ANA036

Furnace 215AAV048090

Coil CNPH 4821A

The furnace is an Evolution model and compatible with the Bryant Evolution Controller. My question is, will this controller work with the 124A AC unit, which isn't from the Evolution range. If it works will I lose any features? I'm most interested in the zoning capabilities. How does zoning work? Does it use baffles in the ventilation lines?

The Bryant website lists 3 different models for the Controller. What's the difference between these Controllers, as they all have the same specs according to the website.

The quote I got was $5500.00 (with std programmable thermostat) which seems very good.

Thanks

Comments (6)