SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mattt19

Washer dryer cabinet install

mattt19
15 years ago

I'm trying to figure out how to install a washer dryer in a cabinet. I'm redoing my kitchen - the washer dryer will be side by side under a countertop. I'd like to install doors on the front of the cabinet to hide the appliance. I'm running into two problems. The first is - each door will be about 30" wide. Will they warp? Secondly, depth wise I have a maximum of 32" to work with. Subtracting 1" for the countertop over hang and 3/4" for the cabinets (face frame, inset ) I'm left with 30 1/4" for the washer dryer and hook ups. The washer is 27.75" deep and the dryer is 28.5" deep. The architect I'm working with claims that I need 5" clearance behind the appliances for hookups. The appliance manuals show 0" clearance needed.

Has anyone here placed these appliances in a cabinet behind doors? Is rear clearance an issue? The dryer is on an exterior wall. Could it vent straight out the wall from the back of the machine? If the washing machine outlet box is installed flush with the wall how much clearance is needed to hook the hoses up?

Thanks

Comments (7)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH