SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alisande_gw

A few things I just finished making, and one oldie (4 pics)

alisande
13 years ago

For a "rug hooker," I sure haven't made many rugs! I seem to gravitate toward small things. I made these three after Christmas. First, a coaster (mug rug) for my friend Lindsay. We always address our emails to GF, for "girlfriend."

I used old quilt block patterns for these two Christmas ornaments. They were intended for my tree.....we'll see if that's where they end up. I made a mistake in laying out the design of the first one, but I doubt anyone is going to peer at it as it hangs on the tree and correct me. :-)

This pattern is called "Pale Star."

And finally, the old ornament. I'm guessing I made this one--embroidery on felt--in the early 1980s. I used a purchased Vogue pattern and made several different designs. I don't know where I found the time. I wouldn't be tempted to undertake a project like this today, and back then I had three young children. I'm surprised the ornament looks so clean after all these years. Of course, it resides in its own zip-loc sandwich bag 11 months of the year. :-)

BTW, I've noticed that felt has changed over the years. Today's craft felt isn't nearly as substantial as the stuff we used years ago.

Comments (18)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville