SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nancyjn_gw

My Charlie's Soap Experiment PICS!

nancyjn
15 years ago

I just received my first bag of Charlie's Soap . I washed about 3 loads of clothes and was happy with the results. My clothes were clean and the whites looked white, but I did prespot some stains with Shout. So I decided to do an experiment. I took a pair of old socks and stained them with wine, coffee, BBQ sauce, sundried tomato tapenade, bicycle grease, and mustard. I let them set for a day. The next morning I sprayed the stains on one sock (the sock without the safety pin) and let it set for about 1/2 hr. I then washed them with a load of clothes and 1 Tbls of Charlie's Soap in a Fl washer. Here is what they looked like before washing.

Here is what they looked like after washing, while wet. (Sock with safety pin was not pretreated)

Here is what they look like after line drying.

My conclusion is that the sock that was not pretreated looks better. When I hold them up to the light, the pretreated sock actually shows more stains (sock on the left).(Sorry I didn't keep them on the same side in the last picture) The exception is the mustard stain, it seems a little lighter on the pretreated sock.

These were tough stains and I think Charlie did great. I'm a Charlie's Soap convert!

Comments (13)