SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19691726

Help! What's an appropriate tip?

User
12 years ago

I'm coordinating a corporate holiday party (relatively small scale as to number of attendees, but dealing with fairly high-end restaurant for catering). The restaurant is providing two servers and one bartender, and in addition to food/beverage costs and certain rentals, we will be charged $225 for the assistance of the servers/bartenders - so $75 apiece. The party will probably last around 3 hours. I'll be the one paying the final bill (via corporate credit card), which will be tallied after the party, as our beverage/bar cost will be on a consumption basis. My contact at the restaurant has not been terribly forthcoming when it comes to helping me determine what amount of tip for the servers is customary - only saying that it's "entirely at our discretion." I at not at all certain what to do as far as tips go. It may be difficult for me to have cash on hand for them, and I prefer that everything is handled on the corporate credit card for expense report purposes anyway. DH thinks that 100% tip per server is appropriate. He believes that they will simply be paid their regular wage, and the $225 will go to the restaurant as payment for providing the servers. I just want to make sure I do the right thing ... WWYD?

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz