SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
workerbee_peonies

Miele 4840 washer 9820 dryer-drawers

workerbee-peonies
15 years ago

Thanks to all of you Miele owners for the very instructive comments and advice. I have spent hours researching the washer/dryer purchase and this site helped so much. My old FL Maytag Neptune timer went out last week (the bearings are next-it is very loud)and I have spent last weekend and this weekend looking at w/d units. We were surprised at how little some of the salespeople know about these machines. One place had the wrong price for the washer-$200 more. The Great Indoors (really Sears here in SoCal) didn't even show me the units-they went right for the Kenmore HT5 units. Nor did they show me anything else until I asked. I went twice-once by myself and today with my husband. We are getting our units thru the Expo Design Center-the fancy store owned by Home Depot. They are promised for 7-10 days for delivery. We will see. Got free delivery but my husband may install instead of the Miele tech-adjustments need to be made because of not being able to switch the doors, ie dryer on right, washer on left. We asked them to make sure our units have the hinge and latch upgrade on the washer and the lint screen with the honeycombs on the dryer. The guy thought we were nuts. We were amazed at how far some of you have to go to look at Miele stuff. We can go to the Expos, Pacific Sales and the Great Indoors all within several miles of each other plus several others that are not open on weekends. I have also been to the Beverly Hills showroom for cooking classes. Very neat.

I have one question-I am getting the drawers for the storage. Has anyone ordered or have them now and do they like them? Living in California makes any storage a premium.

Comments (7)