SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lenores_gw

Anybody know the lineset specs for Puron or 410A?

13 years ago

Hello.

I am scheduled to replace an old Carrier 3 ton ac model number 38CKC036340 and Weathermaker 800VS(furnace), with a new Carrier heatpump 25HPA536H31 and a Carrier a/h FV4CNF005.

While several posters recommended that I also get a new lineset, when I spoke to the sales rep from the company I hired, he explained how Carrier authorizes them to use a line flush that Carrier puts out. The price difference between a new lineset vs the flush is $350, so I decided to go with the flush.

A NEW WRINKLE: I just received a response telling me that the specs on the lineset for new refrigerant amy be different than the specs on the lineset that was originally installed.

Is there any way to find out if the old specs with fit or are in line with the specs for the new units that will require the new refrigerant?

If they are not compatible, does that mean I need a new lineset?

Why is it that not one of the 5 representatives from 5 different companies who gave me quotes on a new HVAC system ever mentioned putting in new lines? It would seem that when changing from old refrig. to new refrig. that would be one of the things an HVAC person would know to address as the manufacturers would have made sure to tell them of the need for different lines.

There is always something that continues to make this a "hazardous" project.

Any help would be appreciated.

Comments (3)