SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_10471126

Layering face products?

User
14 years ago

I know about a year ago maybe we talked about anti aging products on here but I have a question.

How long do you need to wait between layering products? Just until they dry? I'm hoping not much longer. In my mind, I would think layering in general dilutes the products.

I finished up the majority of the Bioelements line I was using and ordered 4 things from the Alpha Hydrox line. (cleanser, soufflé, eye cream, retinol resq)

I went through one container of the soufflé already. I have yet to find a product that takes all of my mascara off so I just use Dove soap and rewash my face with a cleanser. I was using Cataphyll.

I'm thinking I should've bought the toner too but in my mind if the cleanser is ph balanced that should be fine. ? Someone had suggested using witchhazel. I also need to find a sunscreen. I'm finishing up my Bioelements moisturizing SPF 15. The sunscreen Alpha Hydrox carries is a pretty small container compared to the Bioelements and I get the Bioelements at cost so it's about the same in price.

So besides me asking about layering products, is all the stuff (ex. toner) really necessary? It says not to exfoliate when usinf Alpha Hydrox products because that's what the AHA is doing. Should I be slapping a moisturizer on at night? Their site has moisturizers but said something about you may not need them. From their site under FAQ (see link for more info.) I have combination skin.

"Do I need a moisturizer no matter what my skin type is?

No, everyone does not need a moisturizer.

Can too much moisture cause problems for the skin?

Yes. Moisturizers are great for someone with dry skin. If you have oily or combination skin or if your skin is prone to blemishes or blackhead, lotion or cream based moisturizers can cause problems."

Like anything else, there's so much out there. I get very overwhelmed trying to research this type of thing. I start out on a mission and usually end up so frustrated sometimes I won't make a move at all.

I tried to get into a dermatologist about a year ago for a mole and couldn't get in anywhere. I had it removed at my doctor's office. Where I'm getting at is, I called a bunch of places and none were taking new patients so as far as going to a dermatologist in the future that should be interesting. I know some people here have gone for face care so I was hoping someone could shed some light.

Thanks in advance.

Here is a link that might be useful: Alpha Hydrox

Comments (17)