SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lovetogarden_oak

faucet to center of drain math

lovetogarden_oak
11 years ago

I have been reading up on GW about sink splashes especially if the sink is shallow.

We have ordered an 8" deep Julien sink (28x16x8 interior dimension) with a rear center drain 6" from back of sink. It will be undermount. DH is 6'4" tall and we opted for the shallower sink so he doesn't need to bend much doing dishes.

For faucet, we are considering both Grohe Concetto and Hansgrohe Talis S. (I like Concetto for its clean lines and DH like Talis S for the magnetic lock for the sprayer.)

Concetto has a spout projection of 8-9/16. Talis-S has a projection of 8-3/4"

To avoid splashing, I thought to carefully plan the faucet and center of drain alignment.

For concetto, I figure if we put the faucet about 2.5" from the back of sink, the water will be spouted into the drain rather than the bottom of sink.

Here's my sink math: 8-9/16" projection minus 2.5" from back of sink = 6-1/16" (which means that the water will flow from spout into the center of drain, yay!) Sounds like that could work, right? What do you think?

For Talis S, it is a bit tricky as the water looks like it will be spouted a bit to the front rather than straight down. I wonder if we need to place the faucet 3" or even 3-1/4" behind the sink, instead of 2-3/4", if we go with Talis S so that the water can hit the center of the drain rather than bottom of sink.

I would love to hear from you for insights as well checking my assumptions in this sink math. Thanks in advance!

Comments (5)

Sponsored
WhislerHome Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Committed Home Improvement Professionals