SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tinatark

Fisher and Paykel - pricing

tinatark
16 years ago

I am considering the Aquasmart Washer WL26CW2 and Aerosmart TL dryer DE27CW1. Lowes salespeople are telling me these are priced at msrp, no discounts or price matching apply - but I've been quoted lower prices at small appliance stores - one is about $50 less per unit, the other about $100 less. Anyone know why Lowe's can't discount but smaller stores can?

Here's my other question - I got an awesome deal on my dishwasher at Sears - with pricematch, matching discount, free delivery and an additional mail in rebate, my dishwasher ended up being over $100 less than the lowest price I had quoted.

Would it be worth it to do that with the Cabrio/Epic/other comparable units at Sears? Is the FP so much "better" than the other brands in the same price range that I should get it from the local store with their discounted pricing?

FYI, I have a 2nd level laundry room (the garage is underneath). Replacing an 8+ year old Maytag mid-level pair - the washer is dead for the 2nd time in 2 years, it's time to give up on it!

I'm thinking I would rather have a TL than FL, my laundry room is approx. 6x9 - I'm thinking of the space restraints when the doors are open. It also bugs me that the pedestals are almost mandatory, but at $200 each they really increase the cost of the pair! I love the top load dryer idea but I'm not sure I want to give up that "storage space"! My husband is happy - additional forced organization in the laundry room!

Any other recommendations/comments/ideas? Thank You!

Comments (11)