SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mihi_gw

My recent experience with Foca laundry detergent.

mihi
16 years ago

I recently made a business trip to Houston and while there went to Walmart to see if I could find the HE version of Ariel (Ariel baja espuma). I didn't find it, only the regular Ariel which I already have and which really makes to much suds for my Fisher-Paykel. The F-P needs an HE detergent.

While at Walmart I saw the Foca laundry detergent and picked up the bag (4.4 lbs.) and checked it out. It had a picture of a front-loader in the instructions though on the bag it never said it was an HE detergent.

I've tried it several times now and it doesn't seem to be sudsing-up to much, which is good. I'm using about 1/3 cup of it (this is the powder version). The bag says to use a cup per large load, way to much in my opinion. It gets the cloths clean enough too, but not quite as good as Persil or Charlies Soap I don't think. But its really not a bad detergent at all. And the 4.4 lbs. bag was only $2.84, which is really cheap.

Does anyone know anything about Foca and if it is OK for a machine that requires HE detergent?

Also, does anyone know where I can get Ariel baja espuma, I can't find it on-line (checked MexGrocery) and didn't see it in Texas in all the places I checked.

thanks, Mike

Comments (13)