SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nerdyhousewife

Washer/Dryer that doesn't wrinkle?

nerdyhousewife
12 years ago

For years I was able to wash my husband's cotton no-iron work shirts without ironing them using an old Maytag top loader. The only requirement to avoid wrinkles was to pull them out of the dryer immediately, and replace the shirts every year, choosing from a few select brands.

HOWEVER, this year we moved into a new house, where we purchased the existing washer and dryer from the previous owners. They are Bosch NEXXT series front loaders.

Now there is nothing I can do to avoid wrinkles. LOTS of them. I have tried EVERYTHING: shaking them out, drying only three at a time, avoiding the spin cycle all together and taking them out soaking wet, drying only three at a time, every combination of cycles... I mean the list is endless.

At this point, I just want to replace the washer and dryer. Since we purchased them used, I figure I can sell them on Craigslist without much of a loss.

But I'm worried that all front loading washers will have this problem. Perhaps the lack of an agitator allows the clothes to get too tangled, and not even a good shaking is enough to undo the damage.

So, my question is, does anyone have a washer/dryer combo that allows you to dry no-iron cotton shirts without wrinkles?

Comments (18)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH