SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kacram

a huge part of my childhood collapsed really long with photos

kacram
13 years ago

A piece of my family history collapsed. My Grandpa is Capt. Haines. I served fishermen their butterhorns and coffee. Uncle Jim and Dad would send me out to the fishing pier when a fisherman would come in from fishing, drunk! lol . . at 9 am no less! lol We practically lived down there in the summer. On the beach all day long, fishing with lights from the pier at night! (not illegal then! lol) Actually taking a boat out fishing when we were young! Doing things I wouldn't have let MY son do!

Wow... The wonderful character filled building is gone. How very sad...

ah... a publicity shot! Dad (left) & Uncle Jim check out those prices! ahaha... behind them is the boat elevator. Two of the kicker boats could be loaded on to this grated elevator on dollies. The dollies were then attached to the grate and then the elevator lowered to the water and the fishermen could just motor away across Puget Sound.

My Dad on the left, and Uncle Jim in one of our famous

red a white fishing rentals. We had some really really

cool old (well, not back then! lol) wooden cabin cruisers

too!

this is a pic of a print hanging on my LR wall. Artist, Susan White's watercolor of the wharf was chosen for the poster for the 1994 Edmonds Art Festival. This is the building that we grew up in. The fishing piers, towards the back and then to the right side were covered one year.

Here is a link that might be useful: piece of Edmonds history collapses.......

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Daniel Russo Home
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
Premier Interior Design Team Transforming Spaces in Franklin County