SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
theroselvr

Phoenix Children's Hospital Christmas donation drive

theroselvr
14 years ago

I follow the blog of a 5 year old girl that has been diagnosed on June 29th, 2009 with a very malignant, aggressive brain tumor called a supratentorial primitive neuroectodermal tumor or sPNET.. Her mom is trying to make a nice Christmas for all of the kids on the oncology floor. It is benefiting the kids that are in the hospital during the Christmas Season. As Hubby & I fight our own cancer battle; I'd love to send something, but I'm not sure if we can yet; I figured passing the info on would help just as much.

Her mother is a strong believer in prayer, so please say a prayer for Kate and the other children fighting this horrible monster.

Little Kate will be on the Dr Phil show; no date has been posted yet.

Her mom Holly is a heck of a woman. While her own child is fighting this horrible monster, she's concerned with others kids/families there as well.

If you can't donate something, please consider going to your local blood bank or cancer center to donate blood or platelets. You can make the donation in Kate's name which is Kate McRae.

Here is the Christmas website link click here

You can also do something with your own local pediatric hospital. I'm sure it would be greatly appreciated.

This is the mom's words...

THE REASON:

The idea started out of our own disappointment. Disappointment that this Christmas our family may not be together. Kate may be in the hospital undergoing chemotherapy while our other two children, Olivia and Will, would be unable to visit, due to hospital restrictions during flu season. And Kate's birthday is the following day. Two huge holidays for our Kate, possibly spent in isolation in a hospital room. The thought continued to bring discouragement. So we decided to do something this holiday season to help replace that discouragement. We decided to ask Kate's unbelievable prayer warriors to join us in making the day fun and hopeful for those kids who are inpatient during Christmas..... and so "Kate's Crazy Cool Christmas" was started.

GUIDELINES:

Everything sent has to be brand new, this is for infection control purposes. The kids are extremely immune suppressed. Please send the gifts unwrapped, so we can sort everything accordingly. Things that can be wiped down or washed are best, not things of cloth that cannot be washed. We will be collecting for kids of all ages. There will be mostly english and spanish speaking families. We are hoping to receive all of the donations by December 15th.

Gift cards (in lieu of cash) are greatly welcomed. These can be used either as a donation for the families or to aid in buying additional gifts. Please indicate what you would like the gift card used for. Walmart, Target, Toys R Us and Visa gift Cards are ideal

Please ship to the following address.

Cornerstone Christian Fellowship

Attn: Kate's Crazy Cool Christmas

2211 E Pecos Rd Suite 2

Chandler, AZ 85225

SUGGESTED DONATIONS FOR ALL AGES: (Okay here are some suggestions (not a complete list, you can be creative too, knowing what your own children may like)...)

TOYS: Hotwheels, barbies, action figures, legos, etc

GAMES: Videogames, board games, game stations (playstation, WII, game cubes, etc)

MUSIC: Ipods, cd players, cds, headphones, etc

CRAFT ITEMS: Paints, beading kits, markers, drawing pads, window paints, wood art, etc

CLOTHING: hats, Pjs, slippers, etc

PERSONAL CARE: Nail polish, body lotion, chap stick, etc

Infant..

light up toys

noise making toys

crib mirror

Yo Gabba Gabba toys

dora toys

sesame street toys

thomas the train

preschool....

chunky cars and trucks

pirate ships and figures

Fisher Price spiraling speedway

princess toys

additional games from previous list......

Perfection

Jumpin Monkeys

Pretty pretty princess

Operation

Pizza Pile up

battleship

Bop-it

Catch Phrase

other....

treansformer toys

flip it remote control

older teen beads

models (cars, airplanes etc)

mp3 players

portable dvd players

ipod

Legos (all ages and kinds) big need!

Bionicles

webkinz

books (specifically needs for pop-ups, Look and Find, textured books, push button books or books on tape

hats

color wonder

drawing pads

fun paints or markers etc

color wonder paints

puzzles (especially 25 and 50 pce. and high count puzzles for the teens)

fuzzy posters

pixos starter sets

baby dolls (preferably hard, water babies are great)

playdough and playdough things

body wash and lotions (mild scent may be preferable as their smells change and skin is more sensitive)

nail polish

CD's - instrumental

beading kits

wood art (or art projects)

window paints

light up toys

mobiles for the babies (no cloth)

fish tank mobiles

magazines for the teens (with discretion)

barbies

hot wheels

stick on earrings

action figures

pjs

slippers

dvd movies (especially disney movies! new releases, appropriate comedies for the teens, Sponge Bob is huge here)

little stick on basketball hoops

board games are big! (Guess Who, Sequence, Sequence Jr, Fishing games, Apples to apples, memory, catch phrase... games can be the child version or adult version of any fun game)

Card games (especially Uno... or other fun specific ones)

poplular characters are Sponge Bob, Spiderman, Cars, Batman, Ninja Turtles, Sesame Street, Hannah Montana, I Carly, disney princesses....

playstation, wii, and game cube games

Here is a link that might be useful: Pray for Kate website

Comments (4)