SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
zahzeen

Childrens Hospital Plant Sale

zahzeen
14 years ago

This afternoon I drove over to Avon to drop off a couple of pots and some soil and meet Michelle, who has being doing her "grassroots" plant sale for the benefit of the Children's Hospital. Next Saturday, I'll be volunteering at the plant tent - you all know I'm not an expert (I told her "I know the difference between an annual and a perennial")and if anyone else feels like volunteering with me, please come by or if you can volunteer some other time, please contact Michelle. She was fortunate enough to get some colorful annuals from a nursery in Brockton and there were Trudi's seeds sprung to life - planted by Michelle in cold frames over the winter. She has also received some other plants, pots and book donations.

Since I'm still very much still a beginner, I don't have much in the way of plants to donate. The previous owner of my house planted some hostas and I may be able to dig up one or two. If anyone in the Boston area has anything to donate to Michelle and her worthwhile cause, you can drop them off at my house in the Newton/Brookline area or if you have several things you may be able to give, I can pick them up in the afternoon on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday or Friday. Since this Sunday is Mothers' Day, maybe someone has some plant or basket arrangement that they made or no longer want and we could market them as Mother Day gifts. Maybe you (and you are all very creative)have other ideas for Mother Day gifts you can donate. Michelle mentioned she was already out of hostas and again, I'll be willing to come get them if you live in the Boston area.

You have been such a generous group of people with your time, patience and expertise with me in helping me with my gardening questions. If you'd like to extend that generosity with a donation of plants or pots (or potted plants), please send me an email or contact Michelle. She has done a tremendous job so far and I hope more of us can help her to help the Children's Hospital.

Thank you for your interest just by reading this.

Comments (9)