SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
britishcolumbia_gw

Miele washer/dryer

britishcolumbia
15 years ago

Over the past 4 years my pre-teen son and I have collected bottles and cans mostly at construction sites & skateboard parks, taken them to recycle and got paid. We have more than enough money to replace our 12 year old TL washer and dryer with Miele.

We are considering taking the plunge, or at least our clothes will be, with a new FL.

After visiting several stores it is evident that Miele products (Washer - dryers) are well built. I asked our local Miele dealer who also is a Miele tech about issues on this forum. He wasn't direct in his answer but suggested most people who are satisfied with a purchase do not go back to a forum to record their happiness with a product. Many of the ones you find on forums are people who have had problems or are competitors, creating doubt about another product by indicating problems.

I do not know how much of what was said is true.

I do know that where we are located, Miele offers both the white and chocolate colored machines, the later with a ten year warrenty. My wife would be happy with the 4800 but I am sensing the 4840 may provide more flexibility and possibly less problems.

Can any one confirm if Miele is indeed going to be introducing a new washer and dryer in North America this May or June 2009?

Miele dealers seem to emphasize the honeycomb drum feature. From those using the washer, do you feel this feature is valuable ?

Is a ten year warrenty a big deal?

Is there anyone on this forum that owns a Miele that has not had a problem or is really happy with their product despite possible minor annoyances?

Comments (18)