SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print

There was a thread sometime ago on the Conversation side about cordless leaf blowers.

I forgot a tip for those of you who have one and are going to do charcoal BBQs this long weekend.

I use mine variable speed blower to get the charcoal fire going in no time.

If you don't have a variable speed one, you can use a piece of paper to partially block off the air intake port. You will be amazed how fast you can get the fire started.

dcarch

Comments (81)

• dcarch7 d c f l a s h 7 @ y a h o o . c o m
    Original Author
    12 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Jim,

TV is another forum specializes in tomato growing.

dcarch

• foodonastump
    12 years ago

yeah.... I think I'll steer clear of vibrator conversations on a TV forum. LOL

• Related Discussions

Well, I blew my Hosta allowance for the year, but.......

Q

Comments (6)
    Le me first clarify that im NOT a drinker, but it sounded funny at the time. I'll try and get some pics up today. Shopping at KEns is always interesting as his connections in the hosta world let him at some REAL interesting stuff. If I want to pay for it I can buy Lakeside stuff that has never been released for sale. (He's quite close to Mary) Again the problem comes down to money. Actually its not my allowance, its more what I save from doing side jobs and stuff like that. TOday I spent time outside with the chainsaw. After seeing his Lakeside Surf Rider and how big it was, I KNOW I need to get more sun into that bed. Mine should be 3-4 times bigger for itsa age... Ahhhh. its a grand obsession we have, Isnt it?:P Dave
    ...See More

can I do this?

Q

Comments (2)
    We were just gifted with our yearly bag of Morels! I just cut them in half vertically, rinsed well in cold water, drip-dried on towel, dipped in egg, then flour and sauted in butter. Second batch we just cooked in hot skillet till water evaporated, then added a bit of butter to saute for that crispiness. Both were good-the battered one a bit richer. I would think the oven alone might work, but not be as tasty. You might want to try just a few.
    ...See More

I Blew It

Q

Comments (23)
    Thank you very much for all your interesting comments. I appreciate them all. ThatâÂÂs why I post here and share ideas. There is so much to learn from othersâ views. Mind you, there are two topics to be discussed; one has nothing to do with the other. First topic, I have to agree that blowing on food is icky. As a matter of fact, there are even laws against blowing on food (Sneeze guards are required for food establishments, for instance). Perhaps I should have been a little more clear, in this method, you are not really blowing on the food like you are blowing on a trumpet. The real mechanic is to pressurize a column of air inside the tube and let the air pressure dislodges the meat ball from the adhesion to the metal casing. The tube isolates the mouth from the food. Very little pressure is used and there is no actual blowing. However, if you feel even that little air movement is not acceptable, the alternative solutions are plenty. You can get a very long large diameter vinyl tubing from Home Depot, it is not expensive. Or you can use a bicycle pump. Or you can use an empty soda bottle, Or you can cut a hole in an old tennis ball and use that to squeeze air ------. But why spherical meatballs (second topic)? Why not? Why climb the Mount Everest? You know for making cocktails, there are many people enjoy having spherical ice âÂÂcubesâ in their drinks, not only that, they want the spherical ice to be crystal clear. It is not a very easy thing to make crystal clear ice balls. I understand there is a company that sells them for $5.00 each. For all others, there is nothing wrong with odd shaped and cloudy ice cubes for their mixed drinks. Surely meatballs can be more than just almost round small bite-size meatloafs. It is not because odd shaped non-uniform meatballs are shameful or bad taste. Perfectly round meatballs are fun to make and there are many recipe possibilities one can try to come up with. They are very nice and impressive for appetizers for a party. Try Google Image âÂÂmeatball appetizersâ and imagine all those recipes with perfectly round meatballs. I wish I could find the pictures I have somewhere on my hard drive of round meatballs I had once made with an egg yolk inside, and round deep fried crab meat meatballs each with a fancy skewer and a thin slice of white truffle. And I Agree with FOAS, if the end result is not what you want, the tool is a total waste of your money. dcarch Here is a link that might be useful: Having a ball This post was edited by dcarch on Sun, Jun 9, 13 at 11:02
    ...See More

I am disappointed.. can you help me?

Q

Comments (25)
    Oh, who isn't making mistakes! I'm the queen of em! Be thankful that it asn't anything major...I love the wall of cabinetry...and just now see the changes...looks great! Can I add one idea? I see you're trying to go a little more contemporary than the dining set....Ever think of getting a new set? :)
    ...See More
    Original Author
    12 years ago

" in all my years of using a hair dryer....easily 55 years, I have had the air intake blocked fairly often, either by dust, a build up of hair spray or a combination of the two. Each time I cleared the intake allowed it to cool and it once again worked. and it's been well more than 30 years since hair dryers have had single speed fans"

Something just occurred to me which I think I should clear up with very old hair dryers.

I mentioned that hair dryers use permanent magnet low voltage DC motors (which can be controlled by PWM type of motor speed control) to drive turbine fans; however, very old hair dryers could use what is known as shaded pole motors to drive a centrifugal blower. These types of motors are synchronous line voltage (110vac) single speed motors and they cannot be controlled by PWM motor speed controls. Since they use line voltage there is no need to run the motor thru the heating coils. These types of hair dryers can in fact run completely cold without thermostats shutting them off. The good thing, they are low speed brushless motors and they run very quiet, but they are heavier. They don't use that type of motors anymore for hand-held hair dryers, but for portable hair dryers they are used exlusively because they are very quiet.

What else we can talk about hair dryers? LOL

dcarch

• wizardnm
    12 years ago

reminder...this is a cooking forum

• Rusty
    12 years ago

"reminder...this is a cooking forum"

Right!
    And this started out as a cooking thread.
    There are just a few
    (a VERY few)
    who seem to enjoy tearing into others' ideas.

I, like Jimster, Teresa, and some others,
    Enjoy reading about
    (and seeing pictures of)
    Dcarch's creative ideas.
    They are always cooking related.
    And I'm glad he shares them.

No, I don't often use them,
    But that's no reason to discredit him
    Or his ideas.

This persistent tearing down by some people
    Just accentuates how small minded they can be.

And to get back to food-related,
    No grilling here today,
    But we are going to enjoy the
    first BLTs of the season!

Rusty

Original Author
    12 years ago

Check out my new thread:

"A lot of hot air"

dcarch

• loagiehoagie
    12 years ago

Rusty, sure...go ahead...make me drool! I'm two months away from a BLT with a homegrown mater - just got the garden in on saturday...too cold and wet....now it's 92 degrees! Bring on summer.

I'm going to start up the Traeger wood pellet grill and put some bone-in skin-on chicken on when it gets super hot and then slather some habanero barbeque sauce on just at the end. That is more than enough heat so that I can skip a leaf blower, hair dryer or any air-driven mechanisms at for that matter. After some beer and baked beans there could be some air in motion but that is another thing entirely.

Duane

• annie1992
    12 years ago

Doesn't matter to me, one way or the other, because I don't use charcoal and I don't grill. Ever. (grin)

I can, however, light a campfire with a sunday paper and lots of matches, usually no leaf blower, no hair dryer and no electricity to help, so I have to stumble along on my own. Give me enough newspaper and I can start anything on fire, my kids say.

Annie

• ann_t
    12 years ago

Seems to me that DCarch can hold his own with Linda. He doesn't need the likes of Rusty, Duane, Teresa and Jim to defend him. Especially if they can't be civil and do it with out taking nasty cheap shots. Linda was asking questions, and DCarch was responding. The nasty comments were uncalled for. Maybe you all need to take a lesson from Dcarch who is a gentleman and always takes the high road.

Ann

• annie1992
    12 years ago

Ann T, I agree, dcarch can hold his own, and he is always a gentleman while doing it. On the "pork emperature" thread I asked a question, he misunderstood me and gave an explanation, so I asked again. He then graciously answered my question in a manner that I could understand, which I appreciated.

I thought LindaC and dcarch were simply having a difference of opinion, neither were being rude or insulting, and I don't believe that a difference of opinion should necessarily deteriorte into insults, snarkiness or name-calling, although it often does.

Annie

• sally2_gw
    12 years ago

I've got it, Dcarch! You're really Alton Brown!

Sally

• Rusty
    12 years ago

Duane, my first BLT should have been a few weeks ago.
    I was very late getting the plants in the ground this year.

Just rememember,
    In a couple of months,
    When you are enjoying nice fresh,
    vine ripened tomatoes,
    Mine will be history.
    Usually everything growing here
    Is brown & crisp by July.
    The it will be my turn to drool!

One of my sons brought us some ribs & venison sausage,
    He grilled yesterday.
    I didn't ask what charcoal starting method he used.
    But the end product sure was good!

Rusty

• loagiehoagie
    12 years ago

Sally, I thought I was the only one who knew! How did you figure it out??

If you think about it, it only makes sense.

The jig is up: DcArch=Alton Brown

Linda, don't you really feel silly now? (RADFC yet AGAIN!)

Duane

• ann_t
    12 years ago

Gee I sure hope you are wrong Ddawg. I can't stand Alton Brown. I find him extremely annoying.

Ann

• jimster
    12 years ago

"... DCarch can hold his own with Linda. He doesn't need the likes of Rusty, Duane, Teresa and Jim to defend him."

I heartily agree. But I was overwhelmed by an urge to state the obvious.

"... Dcarch who is a gentleman and always takes the high road."

Again, we are in perfect agreement.

"I can't stand Alton Brown. I find him extremely annoying."

Hey, Rusty, Duane and Teresa, we are in pretty good company. :-)

Jim

• foodonastump
    12 years ago

Just for you, dcarch! ;-)

Here is a link that might be useful: cordless hair dryer

• lindac
    12 years ago

but....but...?? How can that be? Dc said it's not possible??

• jimster
    12 years ago

"but....but...?? How can that be? Dc said it's not possible??"

I have to ask. Does that qualify as snarkiness? Or is it merely a friendly difference of opinion?

Jim

• loagiehoagie
    12 years ago

Ann, I don't know why exactly but this whole thread has tickled my funny bone and I've had fun with it and if some of my remarks were taken in a way not intended, well...so be it. You can't please everybody all of the time and I sure as heck ain't gonna try to start now at my advanced age.

Jim, the difference between snarkiness and a difference of opinion is all in the eye of the beholder I think.

But I'm still laughing at this and I can't help myself: (hint: read it aloud to anyone else within earshot and if it doesn't generate a chuckle I'll eat my hat):

"a lot of fiddley fussing not because the food is better but because the OP enjoys fiddley fussing and pseudo scientific explanations of how the particular fiddley fuss works" - now THAT is snarkiness!!

Anyway, I promise to move on now....(still laughing...)

Original Author
    12 years ago

(still laughing)

Me too. I thought the whole thing has been entertaining. especially with FOAS' cordless hair dryer.

---------------------------

Let me apologize to all for making the statement "It is not possible to have a cordless hair dryer". Obviously I was very wrong.

Let me instead change my statement to "nothing will stop someone to make a dumb product to sell to dumber consumers".

"Tek Maker's Cordless Hair Dryer is the world's only battery-powered hairdryer that has no electromagnetic radiation. It is healthy to human brains and especially for the baby." "The only one made" says a lot.

It is 12 volts, I will assume they use ni-cad rechargeable batteries, which are 1.2 vDC each, and that will be 10 cells connected in series, If one cell weakens, the other nine becomes useless. While ni-cad batteries can take heavy drain loads, 300 watts is kind of excessive, and it may overheat and age the batteries prematurely, Even without considering that, you all know how much capacity rechargeable batteries can give after a short while, may not be half. What they tell you 300 cycles may be true, but after 50 cycles, I am not sure about the usefulness still remaining. Also it seems to me that the weight given didn�t include the battery pack. Batteries are not light.

A regular hair dryer is about 5,000 watts to 6,000 watts. Tell me, assuming it can actually deliver, what 150 watts and 300 watt can do for your wet hair?

If you have a place to plug in a charger, why not just plug in a regular hair dryer?

Will you take a hair warmer to camping for one use of a few minutes of hair warming?

Will you pay $129.99 for one? Who knows what they charge for replacement batteries.

dcarch (still laughing)

• foodonastump
    12 years ago

I'm laughing at this thread, too, Duane. That, and dcarch's response to the fire starter, are my two favorite lines from this thread.

Interesting looking thing. I will probably add a high speed motor to it and turn it into a leaf blower.

ROFL!!!

Original Author
    12 years ago

FOAS,

I actually tried to use a hair dryer controlled by the temperature controller in a convection (waterless) sous vide cooker idea.

The motor failed and the heating element burned up before the thermostat could act. A glob of plastic mess!

dcarch

• hawk307
    12 years ago

ANN:

" Dcarch does not need the likes of Rusty, Duane, Teresa and Jim." ???
    Speaking of REMARKS !!!

What do you mean by that statement ??? ( The likes of )

You have made many Subtle comments yourself, about my use of Spices and my Cooking.

One of the worst was on the Yeast Post.

All you had to do was make a " simple Apology " to one of the CF members.

Instead turned it around to make me look like the Villian.

I should have known better.

A Queen should not have to apologize to her subjects.

I did not know better so I took the brunt end.

And I will probably have to do it all over again when this is read.

Hope everyone had a nice weekend.

Lindac : You too !!!

LOU

• rob333 (zone 7b)
    12 years ago

"read it aloud to anyone else within earshot and if it doesn't generate a chuckle I'll eat my hat"

Yes, but will you grill it first? And if you do, how will you get the fire hot enough?

• foodonastump
    12 years ago

The motor failed and the heating element burned up before the thermostat could act. A glob of plastic mess!

Ah-Haaa!!!!!!!! NOW we know why you use a leaf blower: You melted your hair dryer!!! LOL!

• Teresa_MN
    12 years ago

"Yes, but will you grill it first? And if you do, how will you get the fire hot enough?"

Rob333 - I got the impression somewhere along the way in this thread that you could fan the coals to speed them along - using a leaf blower or hair dryer. :-)

I'm too lazy. I would fan the coals with a piece of cardboard like my dad used to do.

Check out DC's video in the A Lot of Hot Air thread. From warm coals to white hot coals in under 50 seconds.

Oh - and DC - everytime I open this thread on my work computer I get an add for a Blower/Shredded/Vac at the bottom of the page.

PLEEEEASE do not get any ideas and try to make pulled pork in a shredder!

Teresa

• jimster
    12 years ago

"... read it aloud to anyone else within earshot..."

Or to anyone within spittin' distance, as the case may be.

Just don't read it to anyone within a stone's throw.

Jim

• Rusty
    12 years ago

"I'm too lazy. I would fan the coals with a piece of cardboard like my dad used to do."

I'm even lazier.
    I let my boys do the grilling for me.

"Anyway, I promise to move on now....(still laughing...)"

ME TOO! ! ! ! !

Rusty

• annie1992
    12 years ago

I really like the fact that the cordless hairdryer is "safe for human brains". However, none of us should speak in absolutes like always/never because someone will certainly do whatever it is. Heck, I might even grill something someday. Um.....nah.

I did have a cordless butane powered hairdryer though and a butane powered hair curler, for camping. Ashley simply had to have some way to "do" her hair out in the middle of nowhere. You never know when there might be an errant raccoon taking pictures or a lost hiker, I suppose...

At any rate, it didn't work very well, but the curler did.

Speaking in absolutes, the only absolute that I can find here is that SOMEONE is ALWAYS going to be whining about how they get picked on. I'm sure I hear 3rd grade calling sometimes. We are all adults, so it seems like we should get over ourselves and get back to cooking.

Annie

Original Author
    12 years ago

Posted by rob333 "Yes, but will you grill it first? And if you do, how will you get the fire hot enough?"

ROFLMAO! A good sense of humor will always bring good health.

Posted by FOAS "Ah-Haaa!!!!!!!! NOW we know why you use a leaf blower: You melted your hair dryer!!! LOL!"

What makes you think I have hair and need a hair dryer? :-)

"---Oh - and DC - everytime I open this thread on my work computer I get an add for a Blower/Shredded/Vac at the bottom of the page. PLEEEEASE do not get any ideas and try to make pulled pork in a shredder! Teresa "

As I mentioned, Duane knows I am the inventor of an electric vibrator for tomatoes. I guess I should not post it.

Annie, My neighbor has a butane nail driver. Very powerful. It works better than an electric or compressed air one.

I think an electric cordless hair dryer is possible once fuel cell technology is more advanced.

[Going to tryout a butane torch for a hair dryer. Need to find volunteers first :-) ]

Back on topic: I make stock frequently and always have lots of bones. I use my garden shredder, a small electric one, to pulverize the bones. It really works. My garden is very fertile.

dcarch

• jimster
    12 years ago

"I did have a cordless butane powered hairdryer..."

OMG! Visions of hair on fire.

Re alternative uses for appliances, a leaf shredder would seem to be the tool of choice for making cole slaw for a crowd. Either that or a mulching lawn mower.

"SOMEONE is ALWAYS going to be whining about how they get picked on."

The way I see it is that someone is always whining about Linda being picked on. That will be my parting shot for this thread. I need to get back to my third grade homework assignments.

Jim

• markb
    12 years ago

Never wrestle with a pig; you'll get dirty. Besides, the pig likes it.

• loagiehoagie
    12 years ago

Mark, nobody wants to wrestle with you whether or not you would like it or not. Do you have anything of value to add to this thread or are you just a troll dropped out of the kitchen forum to add downhome wisdom to the dreggs here at cooking?

• lindac
    12 years ago

Thanks mark....I'll try to remember that. I really need to needlepoint that and frame it...but I don't do needle point.
    And still no reason why one needs to block the air intake on a hair dryer on low speed....but then I see no reason to use a blower to start a charcoal file unless your fuel is damp.

So in all this can we agree that blowing on a fire makes it burn faster (5th grade science as I recall). Can we agree that a 2 speed hairdryer provided a low enough velocity of air to not to need to "block off the air intake" to start said fire. Can we agree that a leaf blower if it has a variable speed mototr so it can blow at a low enough velocity as not to blow the burning coals across the yard, will start a hot fire in about 1 minute.
    And can we also agree that a grill with a good draught like a Weber kettle with the vents at the bottom will accomplish that task reliably but in a few more minutes than a leaf blower.
    Frankly I can't believe all the todo about some way to start a hot charcoal fire to char the outside of some meat which has been "cooking", sealed in a plastic bag, in a hot water bath ( controlled temperature, of course) for hours and hours. And if your fire is hot enough, and using a blower to get it that way saves time, you can sear that meat in 20 seconds on a side.
    Then what do you do with that hot fire and useless charcoal? Roast marshmallows I suppose.
    And here I am again not heeding markb's advice....

• loagiehoagie
    12 years ago

Hey Mark, my apologies on my 'snarky' remarks. I hope you enjoy your time on the cooking forum. It really is a cool place to spend time. Great people. I get carried away sometimes but that is no excuse for being rude to you. I apologize.

Duane

• markb
    12 years ago

Just sayin ...........

• foodonastump
    12 years ago

Come on Jim, I love you man but show me one post here that whines about how Linda is being treated. I'm not a good reader so I re-read the thread multiple times, but I still don't see where anyone is defending her per se. The closest was my post, where I agreed that her question was repeatedly unanswered. (And I stand by that!)

Like Duane, I like both lindac and dcarch very much. Lively debate and a bit of ribbing adds life to the forum if it's taken with the grain of salt it should be. dcarch is laughing, so shouldn't we all?

So let's put this to rest lest we wake up more trolls.

p.s. Jim - I've been wanting to say this to you for a while now and this seems as bad a place as any: I miss your pictures! Dust off that camera and post!

Original Author
    12 years ago

Posted by foodonastump "-----So let's put this to rest lest we wake up more trolls. ---"

Oink!

dcarch :-)

• Teresa_MN
    12 years ago

Mark - I see you are in Missouri. I think your time might be spent better if you head over to Joplin and help out with tornado cleanup.

I'm just sayin' .....................

I signed up for tornado clean up here in Minneapolis - this Thurs to Saturday. The wonderful company I work for will give me one day off and I will use one vacation day along with half of my weekend. However, I can't do much on crutches so I think I will bring food. My renter guy will do the shopping and help me cart it over. My catering guy friend is loaning me hot/cold carriers.

Teresa who is thankful that a tornado or a pig did not blow my house down

• annie1992
    12 years ago

Dcarch, I think I'll pass on the butane torch hair dryer experiment, but I sure hope you get volunteers, the one I had didn't work worth a darn. Maybe you could improve it. (grin)

I also didn't see any posts whining about LindaC getting picked on, and she can more than hold her own, IMO.

As for pigs, for some reason I remember this:

One day in last September
    As near as I can remember
    I was strolling down the lane in tipsy pride.

Not a word did I utter
    As I lay down in the gutter
    And a pig came up and lay down by my side.

Not a soul was I disturbing
    As I lay there by the curbing
    When a high-toned lady stopped, and I heard her say:

You can tell someone who boozes
    By the company he chooses
    And the pig got up and slowly walked away.

To keep it food related, I'll bet we could cook that pig to 145 over a bed of hot coals and serve it pulled, on homemade buns, with a side of sauce.

Teresa, Battle Creek just got clobbered here too, 145,000 without power until at least this weekend and clean-up will take weeks, or months. Still not nearly as bad as Joplin or any number of other places, thank goodness. I'm very thankful that I've escaped both the floods and the tornadoes that have been so prevalent this year. Even though my county has had several "flood emergencies" declared by local officials, I've managed to stay high and dry. Sherry's area got tornadoes a couple of nights ago too, I hope her place is OK.

Annie

• Teresa_MN
    12 years ago

Annie - are those the lyrics to a Jim Croce song?

And to keep this food related I made Trixietx's Asian pasta salad for yesterday's tornado clean up lunch. Please refer to the "looking for a spaghetti salad" thread. The recipe is a winner!

Crutchless Teresa

Original Author
    12 years ago

Posted by annie1992 "Dcarch, I think I'll pass on the butane torch hair dryer experiment, but I sure hope you get volunteers, the one I had didn't work worth a darn. Maybe you could improve it. (grin) ------"

You got my curiousity up. I checked into it's design patent. I can see why it didn't work well, using Venturi/turbine/blow torch concept.

Two possible improvements I can think of off hand: Heat pipe technology and Catalytic burner, or both. Both are inexpensive and flameless.

Better yet, use butane for fuel cell battery design. Technology for that is almost here. I have seen high power flash light sold powered by feul cells.

dcarch

• lindac
    12 years ago

dcarch, wondering how many patents you own. You always seem to have ideas on how to modify and improve existing equipment to do something different.
    I know quite a few people with an impressive list of patents to their credit, wondering how many you have? Surely you have taken your inventions and ideas and modifications to a paying level? Or at least applied for a patent to keep someone else from cashing in on your idea.

Original Author
    12 years ago

Lindac, thank you for asking. I am flattered.

Have you seen the black & white movie Young Frankenstein (Gene Wilder, Madeline Kahn)? If not, go rent it. Hilarious!

I unfortunately have the same problem as the protagonist; I too share some similar body parts with Mr. Abby Normal.

I have this bad malady of having inane ideas invading my brain in an unpredictable manner. It is very distracting.

I have applied for a few patents, but as it turned out there were always patents that could be interpreted as similar, which was very discouraging. It is not cheap to engage patent lawyers. It is even more expensive to fight infringement law suits.

I have many crazy cooking related ideas which I will post here for the fun of it.

dcarch

• jimster
    12 years ago

Many who hold patents work for large corporations who have staffs of patent lawyers. I know this because it is the case with my son, who is an engineer with a large corporation and who has several patents in his name. Of course, the patents are assigned to the company because the inventions were developed as part of his salaried work. And, of course, the company paid all the legal expenses. It's not that easy for an individual inventor working on his own in his own workshop.

Jim

• hawk307
    12 years ago

Jim:
    I have had experience with large corporations.
    When working for one, I came up with an idea for a Patent.

Their Patent Attorney looked at my prints and
    said it looked promising and he would search it at the Patent Office, in Washington.

When he returned, he said it was a go.

I asked how I would work it out with the Company.

He told me the Corp. would give me a dollar for the idea,
    because I was an employee.

I asked to return the Prints. They are still sitting in a drawer.

With the next idea , I went to the Patent Office myself,
    to do the search.

It was OK to Patent but was out of my budget at the time,
    for the Patent Attorneys fees.

I really goofed on another (the Self Cleaning Oven ).

All past tense now.

LOU

• loagiehoagie
    12 years ago

Bwwwwwaaahhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaa......you lazy poor peasants have opened the door, and widely I might add...to my esteemed law firm (Dewey, Cheatem and Howe) to file for the patent of the product that will make me rich beyond my wildest dreams; ....ta da..(wait for it...wait for it..)

THE "fiddley fuss"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha)

Signed, yours truly, Mr. Burns

• lindac
    12 years ago

I think you are too late.....that's a process already patented. It's designed to use up time and make use of lots of equipment to do a rather simple task, and in doing so spend hours manipulating said equipment when time would accomplish the same task. It often involves thermometers, re-rigged motors, sharp knives, scissors, various bending tools and carefully temperature controlled water baths and roasting ovens. Fiddley fuss also makes copious use of various colored viscous liquids and shreds of unknown fibers placed randomly upon the items being fussed with.

Sorry Duane....someone's beat you to that patent!! But perhaps there might be more than one patent involved in the process, and you could find a way to clearly define the task.
    Yours in Pun, Linda C

• Teresa_MN
    12 years ago

Gosh lindac - what wonderful sense of humor you have.
    And to keep things food related - the volunteers doing tornado clean up on the Northside of Minneapolis loved trixie's pasta salad - yes I made another batch last night. See the "Looking for Spaghetti Salad" thread. It's a really good recipe.

Teresa who is back on crutches cause she has over extended herself.

Original Author
    12 years ago

Teresa,

I hope you take better care of yourself. It can be a big deal if you mess up your knees.

To keep this food related:

If you still have some watermelon, save the rind. You know the rind is delicious.

dcarch (still laughing,)