SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
suseyb

Miele washer and musty clothing

suseyb
12 years ago

We have had our Miele 4840 washer for a little over a year. I wash wih liquid detergent . The one I use is called Planet. I have 6 kids and use cloth diapers, so I do a lot if laundry. I try to keep the door open when not in use but it doesn't always happen. The rubber boot is cleaned often and doesn't appear to have mold. I empty the lint trap at the bottom when the clothes start to smell. I am unable to reach all the way into this and know that there is gunk in there I am not getting. I wash in hot every couple if days because of the diapers. I don't use bleach or fabric softener. My husband is very unhappy that this Ferrari of washers is. it getting his clothes clean. I have started to wash smaller loads in an attempt to get the smell out. I smell the wet laundry before I put it in the dryer and it all seems to smell clean, but after being in the dryer it is not as fresh. After a couple of days, the smell is such that the clothes must be rewashed. This is causing me a lot of extra work and time when I don't have a lot if spare time to begin with.

Thank you for any suggestions you can provide. I plan to call Miele, too.

Comments (24)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville