SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_20097967

Did I overdo it? Lighting help, please

User
13 years ago

The electricians were here yesterday, with the following results:

One of the pair of swing-arm sconces was wonky and has to be replaced with one that will, hopefully, sit straighter.

The covering of one of the two undercabinet fixtures was broken and another will be brought later.

Three gooseneck sconces to go over the counter are still in production (two months!) and won't be shipped for a few more weeks.

And then there are the three semi-flush schoolhouse ceiling fixtures. (See pictures below.) I fear that, at 14", the shades are too big. I wanted something substantial, and a definite contrast from the three over-window sconces, which will have 8" downward-facing prismatic wide bell shades. Also, for a pretty basic kitchen, the room has some fairly large proportions--a 34" sink basin, 36" range, 42" hood, a 16.5' straight sink/range/counter run. The ceilings are a bit over 9'. The room, including the breakfast area, is 25'x11' (at its widest).

Any opinions? Do I need to go through the hassle of sending them back to get the 12" shades instead? Are these out of proportion? Do these make too much of a statement, and is that statement, "Watch out--I'm a big heavy thing suspended over your head?"

Oddly, the fixture in the breakfast nook, only a 6x10' space, seems more fitting to me than the two in the working part of the kitchen.

Thanks for any votes!

{{gwi:1572194}}

{{gwi:1589800}}

{{gwi:1589801}}

{{gwi:1589802}}

Comments (8)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH