SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ericasj

Quick breads and loaf cakes--pan choice and storage question

ericasj
14 years ago

Hi - Quick breads are a handy thing for me to make size-wise, because there's only DH and me and we don't want to overdo the sweets. I'm looking to expand to loaf cakes soon, too. But I don't have a good way to store them. I'm tired of crumby Saran wrapped plates and floppy ziploc bags...

I've been looking at some Tupperware bread storage boxes on Ebay, but most seem to be for a narrower loaf than my pan--so I'm looking for a new pan anyway, and now that it's summer, I'm even wondering if I could bake the loaves in the microwave.

Any thoughts on these alternatives?

Tupperware Ultra 21 (from the 80's), that you can actually bake the bread in--either in the oven or in the microwave. It comes with a "seal" too, so you can store the loaf right in the pan you cooked it in.

Pyrex or Corning Ware loaf pans sometime come with glass or plastic lids. They ought to be microwave-safe, too. I imagine they'd hold up better to knife cuts than the Tupperware, if you wanted to cut the loaf right in the pan.

Has anyone baked (conventional or m/w) or stored in any of these? Any better ideas?

Comments (7)