SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amyhinmn

CABRIO problems-Cabrio Owners Help!!

17 years ago

Hello,

I purchased the Cabrio 6200 (with agitator) three months ago. I have already had major problems. I knew Whirlpool was a joke, I had just returned a Whirlpool gas stove for safety reasons. I don't know what I was thinking, and now I feel almost sick about my purchase. I have a feeling the problems are never going to end.

First off, the dryer was making a rattling noise when it was running. Whirlpool sent someone to fix it. He fixed that rattle, but another one showed up the next day that was even louder. So far, we have had 3 service visits for rattles on the dryer.

Then, the washer started flashing "F" and refused to run. Again a service person came and said there was a problem with BOTH the pump and the circuit board. Three months old, RIDICULOUS. Now we will be without a washer for 2 weeks while we wait for parts.

Here is where I need feedback: the loud dryer rattle is gone. However, right when the cycle ends and the drum is nearly stopped, it makes a clicking noise like ten-speed bikes used to make, or almost like the wheel on the Wheel of Fortune gameshow. The service guy did not know if this was normal. I do not remember hearing it before. It would be in the last 10 seconds before the drum stops completely. Does anyone else hear this noise and consider it normal? Please give me your feedback, even if yours is completely silent.

Thanks!

Amy

Comments (4)