SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
beanwabr

Front or Top Loader?

beanwabr
16 years ago

Hi, I'm new here and so glad that I found this forum!

My top loader washing machine is probably about 10 years old and I have no problems with its performance (I have always had a TL). I'm considering getting something different only because I'm tired of having to go to the laundromat to get my king size comforter clean --- it just won't work in the one I have right now, which is either a 3.0 or 3.2 (can't remember,but it's just too small to accomodate it). I'm trying to research and was hoping someone on here can help, like what do you have, how satisfied with yours are you, how long have you had it, etc.

I have looked at Lowes and Home Depot, and wonder what size washer I would need to do my comforter at home (seems like I had heard that I'd need at least a 3.5). Also, looking at a 3.5 TL against a 3.5 FL, for whatever reason, the TL (without agitator) appears to be bigger...is it just me, or is there really a difference?

Also, are all of these machines high efficiency that require liquid HE detergent? I have found that I love the scent of powdered original Tide ... for some reason, the liquid just isn't the same for me. But I'm under the impression that you cannot use powder in the newer machines.

And, why do the machines all have to be so expensive? I'm not used to paying over $300-$400 (I know, but then again look at the size I have). I just want something simple that will clean my king size comforter! Anyone think that maybe someday the price will lower just a bit? Maybe I'm looking at the wrong store ... where did you find yours at?

I have a husband and 4 children so I like the idea of being able to do more laundry at a time. I appreciate any advice and look forward to what ya'll have to say! Thanks!

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022