SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mahatmacat1

g'web approved family things to do in Reno, of all places?

mahatmacat1
14 years ago

Hi folks,

We have a happy problem...DD's XC team qualified for the USATF nationals this year, in Reno NV on 12/12. I'm glad that it's not any farther away, so that's good. We're trying to plan getting there early for her lungs to acclimatize a bit (realizing that full acclimatization to the altitude would take longer, but we're just giving her the leg-up that we can) and for her to run the course a couple of days beforehand, and I'm trying to find non-gambling things for us to do in the offhours.

I've read on TripAdvisor a few things (Wilbur D. May Center, the planetarium/science center--there's also an animal sanctuary, which would be *right* up her alley, but it's closed after November except for mild weekends--this will be during the week), but of course g'web is the ultimate arbiter of anything for our family (viz. that "you know you're spending too much time on the HD forum" thread :)), and I'd love to know if anyone has gone to Reno with kids (she's 12) and if so, what was really popular. Is there a nature-related thing I'm missing? Don't really want to go to the Zoo. Any wildlife preserves around? The meet will be in the Rancho San Something park, which is supposed to be cool in itself, so we'll be exploring there too.

Thanks!

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH